Material Production & Distribution Division (MPDD)
The Material Production and Distribution is one of the most important divisions. Material Production & Distribution Division (MPDD) handles the production and distribution of self-instructional material for various programmes and courses of the Group of Institutes. It is responsible for timely printing and dispatch of study material to the learners as well as to Regional/ Study Centres of ICMIND. Distribution of print materials comprising self-instructional materials, assignments, programme guides, prospectus/ handbooks (application forms and other miscellaneous items) is a formidable task given to this Division. It also undertakes the activity of synchronization of production of materials/assignments, printing the required number of these materials, storing and inventory control of these materials and dispatching them to the individual students (course-wise and medium-wise), ICMIND’s RCs/Scs through the postal system. By nature the entire task is a complex operation and is compounded by a large number of students changing their addresses, medium of instruction and courses very often.
Important functions carried out by MPDD are as under:
- Material Requirement Planning,
- Purchase and issue of Offset Printing Paper and Art Card to the Printers for printing the study materials,
- Maintenance of inventory of study materials and other related items,
- Distribution of study materials to the students,
- Distribution of study materials to Regional Centres/ Study Centres of ICMIND,
- Sale of study materials to the Open Group of Institutes, other Institutions, agents and general public, and
- Meeting the printing requirements of Functional Divisions and special printing requirement of the Group of Institutes
Students Support Centre
The MPDD has developed a single window which caters to the need of students visiting the ICMIND Headquarters as also providing replies to their queries via e-mail, fax and phone.
The SSC Centre of MPDD attends to the material-related problems of the students duly enrolled at the Regional Centres and their admission confirmed by the SRD. This Centre handles the following types of queries:
- The Group of Institutes has decentralized dispatch of study material to the students. From the July 2008 session, the study material is being dispatched directly to the Regional Centres. The enquiry regarding non-receipt of study material should be registered at the concerned Regional Centre.
- In case the student does not receive the study material from the Regional Centre concerned, the student may approach MPDD, ICMIND Headquarters through e-mail/letters/call along with enrollment reference number and/or with proof of depositing of fee for the course of study. Tel/Fax Nos. are as given below: 09223620200.
- Marketing of Study Material
- Issue of Study Material
- Mis Unit
- Dispatch of Study Material
- Inventory Management